Elevate your popcorn game with three gourmet flavors ranging from sweet to savory.
Words by Nate Eisenmann | Photo by Michael Cummings
Pour 5 cups of plain popcorn into a mixing bowl, add salt to your liking then choose one of the three variations to craft your gourmet popcorn. Each recipe serves two people.
Salted Peanut Butter
This isn’t your boring old salted popcorn.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
1. Melt peanut butter in microwave-safe bowl for 30 to 45 seconds or until easy to pour.
2. Pour over popcorn, stir in peanuts and mini peanut butter cups. Let settle before serving.
Fill your stomach with this addicting take on popcorn.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Stir together paprika, garlic powder, rosemary, and pepper.
2. Pour oil over popcorn to coat. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
3. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Sweet tooths, you’ve found your calling.
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows Green food coloring (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
1. In a saucepan, melt butter then add mini marshmallows. Once melted, stir in peppermint extract and green food coloring, if desired.
2. Pour mixture over popcorn and stir to coat. Spread popcorn onto baking sheet.
3. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in microwave. Drizzle over popcorn. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips.
4. Break into pieces, serve, and enjoy.