What to buy:
* Acrylic paint
* Thin paintbrush
* Stencil letters (optional)
* Silver permanent marker
* White canvas (11×14” or larger works best)
* String of mini Christmas lights
* Skewer (or any sharp object)
* Hot glue gun
What to do:
1. Sketch out your letters on a blank canvas. You can use stencils to create the letters, or you can draw them out yourself.
2. Trace carefully over your pencil markings using acrylic paint and brush. Make sure your lines are fairly thick so the words will be noticeable on the canvas.
3. Draw snowflakes on the canvas with the silver marker. Make sure the number of snowflakes equals the number of Christmas lights you have, as you will be poking the lights through the center of each snowflake.
4. Poke small holes into the center of each snowflake with the skewer. Make sure the holes aren’t too big, as this will make it difficult to get the lights to stay in.
5. Insert the lights into the holes. Apply hot glue to keep the lights from falling out. When you’re finished, the back should look like this:
6. Once you’re finished, turn on the lights and enjoy the twinkling snowflakes!
[Photos by Samantha Jones]